Course name, Communication and Collaboration Tools to Support Student Virtual Teams
Offered by, Center for Academic Excellence (FAD) | Type of course, Teaching & Learning with Technology
About the course
No classes scheduled
This session will provide participants with an introduction to freely accessible communication and collaboration tools to support student group projects and virtual teams. While the primary focus is on facilitating and leading global teams, with students collaborating with peers in other countries, these resources can be employed for any student group project.
We will take a look at project management tools, such as Trello, Asana, and ClickUp, for teams to manage their own project tasks, assign responsibilities, and develop a timeline for the project. In addition, communications tools, such as Discord and Chanty provide flexible options for student group chats, private messaging, and video conferencing.
The benefit of using these tools over options incorporated into AsULearn and social media is that they are similar to Slack, Microsoft Teams, and other professional platforms used by business teams around the world. They also allow quick and easy access to project work, schedules, and communications via web-based, mobile, and desktop apps.
- Learn about the features of a project management tool, such as Trello, for students to manage their own group project tasks and schedules
- Practice using Trello for assigning tasks, organizing lists, and setting milestones
- Learn about the features of a team communication tool, such as Discord, to support student group project discussions
- Practice using Discord for group chats, private messages, and video calls
- Discuss options for incorporating these tools into their own courses
Please contact a course administrator for additional information.